• Recipes
  • Tips-n-Tricks
  • Contact Us
    Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: help

Donielle Ramsey

Default Help

I need help in finding an affordable 2 bedroom apartment or 2 bedroom

house that is for rent. Where could l look?

Jacqui Caruso

Default Help

The only thing I remember about lice was when my dd had them 8 years ago. I had to wash EVERYTHING she had been in contact with even the car. We took all plush toys and put them in a garbage bag and tossed in the garage for 30 days, used a roach fogger in the car, steam cleaned carpets and couches, washed all bedding and pillows even mattress. It was horrid and allI have to do to start itching is hear the "L word"!

Much luck with deinfesting your home,
      Jacqui C. in NE Georgia Mntns

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:59 PM, maria <window-jd1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

My son went to spend the weekend with his grandmother and came home
      with head lice,I treated his head with NIX and then shaved it(no more

head lice) But 3 days later,I got head lice!!! [/quote]

Jeana Lindell

Default Help

We dealt w/ this last year, due to an outbreak at my

daughter's preschool. You are not able to comb

properly for yourself. You need to go through in very

small strands. The places where you're most likely to

find something are at the nape of your neck and behind

the ears. You need someone to help you with this.

Good luck! I was beside myself with frustration when

this happened; I went to work each day and then came

home to spend hours picking nits and treating my

daughter.

Jeana

__________________________________________________ ______________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Mike Hurst

Default Help

The quickest way would be to shave your head too. I know you don&#39;t want to do that either, but you have to determine what you care more about spreading the lice or having your hair.

On 4/30/08, maria[/b] <window-jd1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

head lice) But 3 days later,I got head lice!!! I have long hair,and am

going crazy to get rid of them!! I have tried NIX,Peanut Butter,Mayo
      and Olive oil and my head is still itching like crazy! I passed the
      lice comb thru and thru and I dont see a thing( I hate those NIX lice
      combs!)What can I do? Is there anything(home remedy) that works that I

hadn&#39;t tried already? I hate head lice for the sole reason that once
      you get them it takes forever to rid of them!!Help!

Lea

Default Help

Hi Maria! Due to our Faith...we do not cut our hair. There are 4 Loooong haired young ladies in our home and then there are the young men..4 of them.We have had it before also. Like you...I absolutely hate to get it because it is a horrible ain to get rid of! There are things that you could do that cost MUCH less than Rid. You'll save money but when dealing with lice you can not save on time. Treating for lice is mostly elbow grease. It takes work work work. Here is what we do and it works every time. With 6 kids, tons of camps and an extremely social family...we havehad that awful stuff! Vinegar, cheap conditioner, lice bedding spray. These are the main things I treat with. First I treat my home. I pack up stuffed toys, hair bands, anything that I know that we come in contact with, have brushed up against or our
      clothing has touched. I strip all bedding - including pillows. You don't have to wach the pillows but you must dry them. Washing in warm water and drying (the most important part) on high heat for at leasst 45 minutes. Spray the mattresses, couch and chairs and fog inside all vehicles with bedding spray. If you have a dog, he/she will need treated with Seargents flea and tick shampoo or the below formula. To treat heads: First I take an old shampoo bottle and put about 2 tbsp shampoo in it. I fill it3/4 of the way with white vinegar and the other 1/4 with water. Everyone will treat their hair in my home whether you have a bug or not. It is just too much trouble to repeat all of this work.You might as well knock them all out the first time. On a dry head squirt this mixture all over. Scrub, scrub, scrub and then leave it to set for 10-15
      minutes. Here is what is happening...The glue that the bugs use to fasten their nits to the hair shaft is dissolving. The adults are either dying or getting very sick. This is what makes the process work. Make sure you do not add more vinegar to the mixture. Vinegar is a mild acid and it might sting the neck or back. If the seems to be happening rinse sooner and retreat later. You can dilute half/half instead if needed. Rinse the hair well and then cake it with cheap conditioner. Rinse slowly and thoroughly. This part of the process will send those little guys right down the drain. They can't stick to anything now. You will want to repeat the above 2 or three times during the week. No need to use a comb unless you just want to. We don't and we do just fine if we rinse right. At this point I also add about a teaspoon of white
      vinegar to all the shampoo bottles in the house and tell the kids to try to use up all the cheap conditioner that week. I catch up on laundry as fast and as carefully as I can making sure to not put the clean clothing on a contaminated bed, couch, floor, etc. You do NOT want to reinfest after all that work! Now...that was the easy part. For the entire week you have to do several things. Then by the week's end you should be home free (or lice free). Keep lice bedding spray in your car.After each tripyou should fog your car. If you make 3 trips -fog 3 times. Reinfestation is the reason people can't get rid of it. Once or twice a day you should spray where people sit. Carpet or couches or those high traffic sitting areas. Vacuum often. You CAN use the vinegar mixxture without the shampoo that you mixed up above...but remember the
      vinegar is a mild acid and might fade color after a time. The process will also require lots of vacuuming. Also...bed clothes. Each morning (this was the pain in MY neck) strip those bed clothes...EACH bed...and put them in the dryer -includingthe pillow-for at least 20 min on high heat (or cotton cycle). Then remake the bed. Keeping everyone from sitting on their beds all week long will help assure you're rid of it also. By The Way....you'll notice that your hair is nice and soft and shiny. THe years and years of shampoo build up are removed from your hair!

maria <window-jd1@sbcglobal.net> wrote: My son went to spend the weekend with his grandmother and came home
      hadn't tried already? I hate head lice for the sole reason that once

<FONT color="#0000bf"><FONT face="times new roman">"<FONT face="times new roman">God's love is an un-dieing love, an un-changing love and an un-conditional love. Wow- that we could be loved with such an intensity as that!" <FONT size="1"> <FONT size="1">

&#32;
      Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] "] Try it now.[/url]

Stephanie Dark

Default Help

I have been told that taking a bottle of Cetaphil face wash (or the generic will work too), applying to wet hair, then blow drying & covering the head w/plastic wrap (or plastic shower cap) and letting it sit overnight will kill all the eggs (thickness & drying of Cetaphil is suffocating). The next morning just wash your hair as usual. Be sure to use the whole bottle, don't skimp!!! The goal is to have a thick head of the product all over your scalp.
      In general:These three clean up steps should be done once a week at the time of the weekly treatment.1. Sterilize all the family's combs and brushes. You can choose one of two methods. You may soak the combs and brushes in isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol for 10 minutes or you may put them in the dishwasher on the full hot cleaning cycle. 2. Treat all bedding at the time of each lotion application. Take all sheets, pillow cases, blankets, comforters, and bedspreads from the beds in your house and run them in the dryer for 10 minutes on high temperature. Then put the bedding back on beds. You do not have to wash it.3. Patients should change to new fresh clothes after each treatment. Put dirty clothes in the laundry hamper for later laundering.<div apple="true">
      Stephanie

TIMANDLOUANN@AOL.COM

Default Help

there is something called sulfer 8 on the market that i have used sucessfully on my daughter you put it on your hair and leave it for about an hour. ¬put a plastic bag over your hair while you wait then wash, wash, wash with dawn dish soap. ¬this stuff is a very thick creamy oil. ¬you will find it in the health and beauty isle in walmart. ¬after that vacuum, wash your sheets and spray everything with the lice spray and that should get rid of them. ¬we had them for months until someone told me about that stuff and after 1 treatment we havent had them anymore, thank god. ¬that was 4 years ago.

-----Original Message-----

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 2:59 pm

Subject: Budget101.com : Help

<div id="AOLMsgPart_2_ac444fdf-5f0c-429c-b261-56ce5251fc4c">

hadn't tried already? I hate head lice for the sole reason that once

<div id="u8CA79B9977A6488-1534-1A60" class="aol_ad_footer">Plan your next roadtrip with MapQuest.com: America's #1 Mapping Site.

Jacqui Caruso

Default Help

Dying your hair DOES work!! I had forgotten that was what the day care provider advised me to do when my dd had them....

Jacqui in NE Georgia Mntns.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Lucy Anderson <lucy.fortin@gmail.com> wrote:

I heard (have not verified), that coloring your hair will take care of them..... [/quote]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast