What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Piggy Newbie from Chattaroy, WA

I found this site while doing a search for homemade mixes -- Liss' list of various mixes is HUGE!

After finding a couple of mix recipes that I wanted to try out, I started lurking around the rest of the site -- I'm hooked (and registered)!

Had a MAJOR life change with having to shut down our business and move back "home" after 18 years of being away. Money being tight doesn't even describe how we had to rethink our budget.

I look forward to meeting others and learning from Liss!

Rosey

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie from Chattaroy, WA

Welcome to the site! Moving is always a nightmare, it seems to take forever to get settled in, things you don't really want to get rid of have to be sold, or get lost or broken. We've moved halfway across country a couple times and I hated it. The economy is crazy, with the gas prices and small businesses are taking the brunt of the hit.

Chattaroy? Is that near bellingham at all? I drove across country years ago (ha, to show how many years, 2 of us drove from Maine to Ferndale, WA with a grand total of $513 in our pockets. The total trip was 10 days and that included gas, hotels and food.!!)

Welcome to the site, I look forward to reading your posts!
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, Chattaroy is north of Spokane (eastern Washington). Although, we just moved from Camano Island (south of Bellingham).

And I totally, agree -- moving is a nightmare. I don't want to do it again for a LONG time. Now if the weather would cooperate, I'd be in much better shape. We got 3 inches of snow yesterday. I'm hankering for some sunshine!

How did you do your trip on $513? Did you camp along the way, or did you have family/friends to stay with? That's amazing!

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, Chattaroy is north of Spokane (eastern Washington). Although, we just moved from Camano Island (south of Bellingham)

I can't remember if we went through there or not, but Camano Island sounds familiar. I do remember we went up into Vancouver to see the Killer Whales and to go to a gorgeous zoo up there.

*Shudder* I don't miss Snow at all, you have my condolences. When we lived in Maine we called it, "Poor Woman's Fertilizer".

How did you do your trip on $513? Did you camp along the way, or did you have family/friends to stay with? That's amazing!
    Well, it wasn't that difficult to do then, it was around 6,500 miles in all and gas was .97 a gallon- We got a hotel in bellingham called the Shamrock for under $100 for a week. It was a dive (think lime green shag carpeting!), but we still had fun. I think our total gas was around $260 or so. On the way we drove straight through, taking turns driving, so we didn't really have any hotel expenses. We basically ate pb& J, ramen noodles, cold sandwiches and COFFEE and once we got there, we lived on AfriCola (THE thing, back then).
    When you're still young and dumb, that helps as well. We had enough money on the way back to go to Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio, which is an AMAZING Roller Coaster park.
    The only real glitch was when we accidentally put LEADED gasoline in the car when we were going over the Rockies. For those of you LAUGHING - here's my disclaimer, It was NOT possible to buy leaded gasoline on the East coast and I didn't even know it existed. (Again, Young and Dumb, lol).

It took forever for my tripmate to pump the gas and I couldn't figure out why- until I read the side of the pump and saw that it said "LEADED". Then I not so calmly reiterated what I'd just read- completely freaking because if the car died, we'd be stranded. These are the kinds of things you don't "preplan" when you're a kid with stars in your eyes.

And now my kids are making fun of me for being OLD because I can remember when gas was under $1 a gallon. lol
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101