Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Piggy Cheap or Free College Text Books

I'm new to the posting thing so please bare with me but, wanted to pass along some info that I found very helpful while my daughter was in college. When we went for her "open house" we were told all about getting their text books from the campus book store and warned to not get them anywhere else because we might get the wrong book and end up paying more in the long run. Well even buying used at the campus book store, you're going to pay through your nose for their books, some close to $400 or even more.

The school will give them a list of all the books they will need, including the ISBN numbers.**Not to worry, as long as you have that ISBN #, you will have the correct book** Get those numbers and then go to Half.com and look up the numbers and get the books there. You will save yourselves hundreds if not thousands of dollars this way. There are a few other online bookstores as well that you can find college textbooks at, even Barnes and Noble, for much cheaper than what the college campus is asking for them.

The schools will also tell you that they will buy the books back from your students but most times it will be for pennys on the dollar. We got our daughter's books back from her after each term was over and just relisted them on the same site we got them Half.com and most itmes got the same price for what we paid, so we got the books for free in the end! You can get the priority mailer from the post office for free to mail it out to the buyer so you dont even have to pay to ship it out to the next person.

I hope this helps some of you out. College is expensive enough without having to shell out thousands more just for books!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NC_mom For This Useful Post:

Mod Squad
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Of course now that I am done with college there is a cheap site. Thank you for any easier less expensive option on something that you have no choice on!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well if you've got any of those books left you could always put them up for sale on half.com!!