Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Money Saving Dishwasher Tips

Learn these money saving dishwasher tips including how to get your dishwasher sparkling clean & debunking of dishwasher myths

Read More: Article: Money Saving Dishwasher Tips
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally an informative, useful article! I hate reading the ones on Yahoo that give obvious answers instead of ones nobody has heard of. THANK YOU!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

oooohh... I remember my aunt using Tang in her dishwasher when I was a kid.. but I didn't know why! ~lol~ She was cleaning it! I have the lemonade from wally-world in my cupboard and will put it to use now! thanks!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big pile of sad on the "rinse hold"......I do use that when I don' t have a whole load that will sit for an overnight.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't convince hubby to not rinse every dish before it goes into the dishwasher.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I made my first batch of Super Laundry Sauce and began using it yesterday. Thank you so much for the great recipe. I also added the Purex Crystals to the recipe for a softener. It works great and I am so happy to get this budget relief! I worried a little about having the mixture in a glass jar. so, I used an old plastic coffee can with a handle and it works very well without the worry of braking glass on my basement floor. I also use the tip to tie and old tablespoon on a string arount the neck of the container. Brilliant! Thanks again!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a similar easy and cheap trick for cleaning a front loading clothes washer? Sometimes they get mildew smelling.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Money Saving Dishwasher Tips

Quote Originally Posted by valisyoung View Post
    Is there a similar easy and cheap trick for cleaning a front loading clothes washer? Sometimes they get mildew smelling.

I actually just saw this on the Today show the a week or so ago about how many of the Washing Machine manufacturers are being sued for the amount of mold that front loaders generate.

On a top-loader, nature takes care of the problem for you; the moist air rises out of the machine," Selbin explained. But on a front-loader, he said, "You've got a sealed environment, and so the water and the moisture stays in here. It's a very humid environment ... and it breeds mold."
    Links to Various Articles about it and recalls:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Fron...-US%3Aofficial

The tips that I was able to glean from it are:

• Leave the door open when not in use, so the water can evaporate
    • Dry the inside of the machine after you remove clothes

Other options- some users buy pool chlorine tablets and run them through their washer at night (wrapped in a towel to prevent clunking). Your best bet would be to ask in the forums as more members will see your question!
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast