Results 1 to 2 of 2
08-10-2008, 12:09 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
A Week of Chicken, Beef, & Pasta Dinners
This is for my family of 4 (2 adults + 2 kids elementary school aged; you may need to adjust amounts for your own family).
Day 1: Roast Chicken, Carmelized Onions, Green Beans, Corn Muffins
- Shred/chop extra chicken, put extra in fridge
- Make extra carmelized onions, put extra in fridge
- Eat extra corn muffins throughout week as snacks, etc.
Day 2: Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce, Salad
- Cook whole bag of spaghetti. Save 1/2 - 1/3 for later in the week.
- Double the sauce; Make 1/2 tomato sauce only. Also, save 1/2 meat sauce for later in the week
- Eat leftover salad for lunch rest of week
Day 3: Chicken & Carmelized Onion Pizza, Carrot Sticks
- Use last night's unused tomato sauce (save rest for another use)
- Used leftover chicken & carmelized onions from Day 1.
- Extra chicken can be saved for another use.
- Leftovers can be eaten w/salad for lunch rest of week
Day 4: Spaghetti Pie, Steamed Green Beans or Broccoli
- Use leftover spaghetti & meat sauce from Day 2.
- I use this recipe: Linda's Spaghetti Pie Recipe | Recipezaar
- Save extra veggies for tomorrow night.
- If there are leftovers, save for weekend lunches and/or dinners
Day 5: Shells w/Cheese Sauce & Veggies
- Make mac n cheese from your favorite recipe, substituting big pasta shells. Feel free to customize this as you see fit (ie, adding tuna, veggies, etc.).
- You can mix the veggies right in OR reheat them on the side OR toss in vinegarette dressing and eat as a side warm or cold.
- Leftovers, if any, can be eaten for weekend lunches and/or dinner.
Note that there are several possible leftovers to use as additional meals throughout the week (examples: cornbread muffin + salad w/chicken for a lunch; chicken & carmlized onion pizza + salad for another lunch; leftover chicken turned into chicken salad sandwiches; reheated leftovers for lunch or dinner; etc.).
Hope you enjoy this!
09-01-2008, 04:09 AM #2
- Join Date
- Jun 2002
Thanks. I loved the way you told me how to use the leftovers and to cook extra. Judi
The Following User Says Thank You to jujuplaypen For This Useful Post: