Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Week #13 $50 Weekly Grocery Menu

Follow one family's journey of reducing the grocery bill to only $50 per week without the use of coupons. Check out the weekly menu plan which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and beverages for 2 adults and 2 teens.

Read More: Article: Week #13 $50 Weekly Grocery Menu

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for acknowledging that not everyone uses handfuls of coupons. There are never coupons for produce and meat, and I despise coupons that make you buy 3 or 4 of something to get 25 cents off. Also, we buy store brand of all kinds of items - no coupons - and look for the store's 2 for 1 deals for other items. As another conundrum, coupons are frequently for pre-prepared dinners and snack foods, which we buy precious few of.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks good. We're trying to cut back too as we are recently retired - due to a family emergency, so we didn't plan it out entirely. My problem is that my husband is a really picky eater and does not always eat healthy - he wants what he wants and it's also hard for him to limit portions. We're new to the NW and are just now starting a garden - have tomatoes coming. He loves ribs - I got some, but am trying to save part of my share to put into the tomato sauce for spaghetti tomorrow so that we can save on ground beef. Any suggestions on how to cope with picky eaters?

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I added a comment, but didn't see it. Forgive me, but I'm new to this site. I enjoyed the article, but am having trouble with my husband, who is a picky eater. He's not always willing to try new foods that are cheaper and healthier. Any suggestions on this? We are newly retired and are having to cut back on all our expenses.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

dot, you have my sympathies on the picky eating. We are staying with my parents while my husband has been going through chemo/radiation to cut down on our home expenses(electric, gas etc.). During this time i have took over my mom's kitchen because i tend to cook healthier and desire a balanced meal. Parents are junk food junkies. Both have health problems and don't eat "food" very well unless it's swimming in extra fat, calories and meals tend to lean toward high starches and fats. I think my mother is the only person i have ever seen add butter to fry hamburgers. Remarkable, i haven't had much of a problem preparing foods for hubby due to the treatments. I wish i had some answers for you and wish you all the luck.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

On the Monday 9th menu you have Lunch: Egg salad Wraps where is the recipe? I can't find it.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2012 Week #2 $50 Weekly Grocery Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuedpanther View Post
    On the Monday 9th menu you have Lunch: Egg salad Wraps where is the recipe? I can't find it.
    Egg salad recipes are here:

GroceryBudget101.com- - 18 Simple Egg Salad Variations | Egg Salad Recipes | Dirt Cheap Lunches
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 2012 Week #70 $50 Weekly Grocery Menu

for a family of 6 that includes 4 teens ages 12 to 23 i have not been able to get below 100.00 a month. this also includes petfood and household items. maybe the area people live in also plays a part in food budgets.....i plan weekly meals around sales fliers and everything else i can think of to help but just cant seem to lower it any more.....i use a few coupons but not many i think the craze is dying down on that

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast