Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Apple Oat Muffins
08-03-2008, 11:14 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Blog Entries
Apple Oat Muffins
Apple oat muffins
1 1/2 cups uncooked rolled oats
1 1/2 cups unfiltered apple cider or juice
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute (or two eggs, beaten)
2 tbs vegetable oil
2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 cup peeled and chopped apples
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 unfiltered apple cider or juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°. For muffins, combine oats and cider or juice in large bowl. Let stand 10 min. Stir in syrup or honey, egg substitute or eggs, and oil.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture and apple to oat mixture. Stir gently; do not overmix.
3. Spray muffin tins with vegetable cooking spray. Fill cups 3/4 full. Bake for 20 to 25 min, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let muffins cool on wire rack before glazing.
4. While muffins are cooling, combine cornstarch and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Blend in cider or juice. Cook over medium heat until glaze thickens and bubbles, stirring constantly.
5. Remove pan from heat and let glaze cool slightly. Spread glaze on muffins. Makes 15 to 18 muffins = 157 calories