Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Paychecks at home

There was a site I stupidly signed up with once called Paychecks at home. Their home page stated that they paid for people to stuff envelopes. So, I decided it sounded simple enough and I signed up for it. At the cost of $60!!!

About one week later I received my "starter kit" in the mail, which contained nothing more than two sheets of paper. One was a welcome letter, the other was instructions. I was not going to be paid for envelope stuffing...it was an advertising/sales job! I was supposed to make up flyers and post them up anywhere I could think of. Then, when people contacted me, I was supposed to mail them information.

THEN, if by some freakish miracle someone actually was interested in what I was selling, I would stick a sheet in an envelope and mail it to the company. So, I only got paid if someone actually signed up. r!

I e-mailed the company and complained, telling them that they were liars and thieves, and that their web page was misleading. Then next day when I went to their homepage, it was completely different. They had re-worded EVERYTHING! I was so upset, but I definitely learned my lesson.

Don't deal with "Paychecks at Home!"
    My Blogs:
    Light For My Path ~ thelightformypath.blogspot.com

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to KIFL1974 For This Useful Post:

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Wow, that's aweful ! Some people have no clue, you should file a complaint with the better business bureau and also on ripoffreports.com .

Thanks for the heads up on this one, we'll be keeping an eye out for them. Welcome to the boards!
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FreebieQueen For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

wow thank I saw those websit too
    thought they are too good to be true

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to danghsia For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

ya know, i heard about this company before..
    Ich möchte ein eisbär sein, am kalten polar.... Dan müßte ich nicht mehr schrein... Alles wär so klar... Eisbären müssen nie weinen
    I'd like to be a polar bear, at the cold polar.. Then I wouldn't have to cry anymore.. Everything would be so clear.. Polar bears never have to cry

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KawaiiGiggle For This Useful Post:

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Never heard about this one, but I really appreciate the warning!!!
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faxonfive For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I fell for this also. It was a different company but my husband and I tried one when were married. It turned out to be just as you said.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mbabb29340 For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have heard of these kind of scams before, I think there is also one that wants you to piece together jewelry and mail it back to them, only they never pay you because they say you didn't do it correctly or something to that effect. I am sorry to hear that they did this to you.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nohaloshere For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I tried one about 4 years ago. It was to make magnets. You get paid for each one that you make. I paid $40.00, and got my kit a week later. It looked simple enough, but when I started making them, mine never did come out the same as thiers did. They said that I had 30 days to change my mind and get my money back. Well I called told them I couldn't get mine to look just like theirs and that I wanted my money back. They told me that they couldn't do that. And I called two weeks after I got the kit. They also changed the wording in their site.
    Tonia

Wisdom is doing now what you will be happy with later on.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tsgal For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast