Thread: Hello from MN

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Hello from MN

I am so excited to find this site. I belong to a few others but this one has so much more information that I can really use. My name is Toni from MN. I am married to a wonderful man and have 3 great kids. I am currently a SAHM and a full-time college student online. I have always liked to find ways to save money so this is great. I cannot wait to get done with school to help contribute to my family and also it will allow my husband to pursue his archery dream. It is a win win situation for us. Can't wait to really dig into this site to learn more.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hello from MN

hiiiiiiiiiiii and welcome

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you ! I 'm coming.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wish the add wasn't covering your post. Anyway, I'm from MN too and new to this site. Sure are lots of adds in the way of everything.

Have a great weekend.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mamma482 View Post
    Wish the add wasn't covering your post. Anyway, I'm from MN too and new to this site. Sure are lots of adds in the way of everything.
    Have a great weekend.
    Yes, it costs alot of money to bring 250,000+ pages of free info to folks for over a decade. I'm sure The ads offset the expense of the Server & bandwidth costs for such a large site. It isn't unusual for a website of this size to cost $1,500 or more each MONTH. I used to see the ads for godaddy and these other sites offering $30 hosting, etc- but sites like this have to have Dedicated Servers and constant resources.
    As for me, I don't mind the ads, or visiting the ones that interest me, I'm just Thrilled that Liss isn't like many of the other sites that charge Membership fees!!!

Thank you Liss, You Rock!!!
    ~No Matter how bad it gets, I'm rich at the Dollar Store!!~

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Paw Re: Hello from MN

Quote Originally Posted by mamma482 View Post
    Sure are lots of adds in the way of everything.
    Thought I would add my here I don't know if your aware but the site has different levels of registration. The more you participate (post,etc) you gain access to more features and you also see less ads. Each new level removes at least 1 type of ad from your view.
    The site caters more to active members than it does the "passing guests". I think theres a thread about registration levels in the newbie forums.

Welcome to the site!
    Tracy
    Cooking~Cooking~Cooking- it's all I do!