My Fresh Salsa Recipe- General Recipes

I make my own salsa-my family is spoiled and will not eat anything from a jar. Here is the recipe: Dump in a Blender: 2 cans tomatoes 1 can green chilies(or I like to roast 2-3 anaheim chiles and peel and seed them) 1 small red onion 4-6 cloves garlic Cilantro ( I have been known to use

bee, canned, cans, chilies, eat, family, fresh, green, jar, large, make, makes, recipe, red, roast, salsa, salt, seed, small, taste, tomatoes, blender, chopped, adjust, whirl, blended, seeded, dried, batch, prefer, jalapenos, heat, sodium, enjoy, freezes, dump, salsa-my, spoiled, onion, cloves, cilantro, garlic, peel, chiliesor, chiles, anaheim

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default My Fresh Salsa Recipe

I make my own salsa-my family is spoiled and will not eat anything from a jar.
    Here is the recipe:

Dump in a Blender:
    2 cans tomatoes
    1 can green chilies(or I like to roast 2-3 anaheim chiles and peel and seed them)
    1 small red onion
    4-6 cloves garlic
    Cilantro ( I have been known to use dried, although I prefer fresh)
    2 fresh jalapenos, seeded

Whirl in blender until thoroughly chopped and blended. Taste and adjust for heat and salt. I do not use any salt, because canned tomatoes have a lot of sodium.
    Enjoy!!!

This freezes very well, as it makes a large batch.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shellybean40 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Going to make some today for the hubby. He loves salsa and eats it likes theres no tomorrow, so now I will have plenty on hand and can just whip more up or defrost if need be! Thnx a bunch!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

You are so very welcome!!! I wanted to let you know that I put in a whole bunch of cilantro, but we LOVE it. You can also adjust it to your taste. Also, I found some sliced frozen poblano peppers at Walmart. They work great in place of the canned chilies and have no added sodium. They cost $1.50 and the bag has enough chilies to make a LOT of batches of salsa.
    Enjoy!
    Shelly

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shellybean40 For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Made the salsa this weekend. Big hit!!!! Froze Four containers of it and kept one out. I swear to you, tasted just like the fresh stuff we had at the Mex. Rest. last weekend when we took my Mom out for dinner. Thanks so much for a great recipe, never buying jarred again. Gonna try chopping up an avacodo(?) and throwin it in some when I defrost the next batch. Don't think that would freeze well though, so will just add after!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NC_mom For This Useful Post:

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am so glad you liked it!! We don't use anything else, my family loves it.
    I love that it is so easy and makes a large batch.
    Shelly

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

we make a lot of stuff with salsa, so I am sure this will save us lots of wasted money! Thanks for letting us borrow your recipe.