vegetable oil -- for frying

1/4 cup butter
    1/4 cup Hot Sauce dash ground pepper
    dash garlic powder
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 teas. paprika
    1/4 teas. cayenne pepper
    1/4 teas. salt
    10 chicken wing pieces (get these for .25 a lb at walmart if you buy bulk- 10lbs or more)

Heat just enough oil to cover wings entirely, about an inch, in a deep fryer to
    375F. Combine the butter, hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder in a small
    saucepan over low heat. Heat until the butter is melted and the ingredients are

Combine the flour, paprika, cayenne powder, and salt in a small bowl. If the
    wings are frozen, be sure to defrost and dry them. Put the wings in a large bowl
    and sprinkle the flour mixture over them, coating each wing evenly. Put the
    wings in the refrigerator 60-90 minutes. This will help the breading to stick to
    the wings when fried.

Put all the wings in the hot oil and fry 10 to 15 minutes or until some parts of
    the wings begin to turn dark brown. Remove from the oil to a paper towel to
    drain. Don't let them sit too long, because you want to serve them hot. Quickly put the wings in a large bowl. Add the hot sauce and stir, coating all of the wings evenly.

Yeah, This is my life now!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Candace For This Useful Post:

Naples, Maine

Default Re: Dirt Cheap Buffalo Chix wings

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    10 chicken wing pieces (get these for .25 a lb at walmart if you buy bulk- 10lbs or more)
    Thank you for sharing your hotwing recipe. I had to chuckle a little when I read this tidbit about getting these cheaper if you buy bulk. It's just another example of how the times have changed in just a few short years.

I too remember when I could buy wings for just pennies but it seems that the stores have caught on and now charge MORE per pound for wings than they do for Boneless, Skinless Breast! It's just crazy.

In our area, the restaurants can still buy wings pretty cheaply so I sometimes ask one of the local eateries if I could order a few items through them. They allow it because they get discounts if they purchase larger quantities of food. You might want to ask one in your area too!
    ~No Matter how bad it gets, I'm rich at the Dollar Store!!~