MYO Vanilla Ice Cream
Summer is rapidly approaching and the desire for cool sweet creamy treats is following right along behind! Here's a simple no frills vanilla ice cream recipe that can be easily adapted with multiple flavor combinations for any taste-buds!
- 2 c. Whole Milk
- 2 c. Heavy Cream
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or flavoring of your choice)
- 1/2 c. Sugar
Whip 1/2 c. of the cream until it forms stiff peaks, adding the sugar gradually as it whips. The sugar should be completely incorporated and the cream should not smooth, not gritty feeling.
Mix into the milk and remaining cream, add the vanilla extract & salt. Pour into Ice Cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions.
- Mint Chocolate Chip: add 1 tsp Peppermint Extract & 1/2 c. chopped semi sweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate Ice Cream: add 1/2 c. Chocolate Syrup & 1/4 c. Shaved Dark Chocolate
- Almond Chocolate Chip: omit vanilla extract, add 2 tsp Almond Extract and 1/2 c. finely chopped chocolate chunks
- Peach Dream: add 1 c. finely diced fresh peaches
We love to see when you like and share our hard work, but ask that you please follow just a few guidelines.. Use one photo of the finished product on your site and provide a link back to my original post. If you feature a photo from my post, it may not be accompanied by the project/recipe tutorial, whether in my own words as it originally appeared or paraphrased. Always feel free to share photos and links on Pinterest, as it will route back to the original post. Budget101.com is protected under copyright laws. If you any questions or would like to notify me that you’re sharing a post, please email me at liss @ budget101.com