You'll need a regular desk lamp, some dawn or joy dish soap. This is an ages old remedy that has yielded great results for many of our members over the years, although it appears to work best for those with carpeting.
Place a Small Lamp on the floor, directly pointing over a bowl of sudsy water. The fleas will jump toward the light, land in the water & drown. This works great on adult fleas. Repeat for several nights, during the day, sprinkle the carpet liberally with Borax (from the laundry detergent aisle). Let the borax set for an hour or so and then vacuum the floor thoroughly. The borax splits the exoskeleton of the fleas, killing them. So while the borax is destroying the younger, less developed fleas during the day, the adult fleas are annihilated at night.
Photo By mikumistock
More Flea Remedies here:
- Anti-Flea Cookies (Dog Treats)
- Feline Flea Proofing
- Flea Bite Remedies for People
- Flea Repellent Pillows for Pets
- Flea Repellent Sleep Pillows
- Herbal Flea Powder I
- Herbal Flea Powder II
- Homemade Flea Shampoo for Dogs
- Dishsoap to Kill Fleas
- Member Suggestions for getting rid of Fleas
- Tick & Flea Eliminator (Food additive)