- 2/3 c. Sugar
- 1/4 c. Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 c. Cold Milk
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 T. butter, room temperature
- 3 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Banana Extract (available in the baking section of the grocery store)
To Use the filling
- Remove it from the Freezer and place in the refrigerator. DO Not attempt to thaw this on the countertop- for several reasons- it contains milk, butter and eggs (which can spoil), thawing on the counter will cause the filling to separate.
- Thaw in the fridge- 1 full size package takes approximately 6 hours to thaw completely. (Of course, this is entirely dependent on the temperature of your fridge!)
- Prepare your favorite pie shell (prepared pastry shell, phyllo shell, or crumb crust, as desired.
- Layer the bottom of the prepared pie crust with 2 layers of sliced bananas.
- Pour the contents of the bag into a mixing bowl, mix well by hand until creamy & smooth, spoon over bananas in prepared crust.
- Smooth the top, Add Fresh Whipped Cream! Garnish with Banana Slices, if desired. Serve Immediately
To Create Banana Cream Pie Bites- as pictured in the top photo, make tiny tart shells (using phyllo dough), add a slice of banana to the bottom, a spoonful of banana cream pie filling, a dollup of whipped cream and garnish with a banana slice. Serve immediately.