+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
06-10-2010 01:52 AM #1
Gift for kids to make for Father's Day
1 bag of pretzels - logs work well for this
2 bags of chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of butter
Colored non-pareils, sprinkles, coconut, or chopped nuts
Double boiler to melt the chocolate or microwave safe bowl
Kitchen tongs and spoon
2 cookie sheets
Clear a space on the table or at the kitchen counter to work. This can be messy, but it's a lot of fun. Set out the pretzels on a plate, along with plates of non-pareils, sprinkles, coconut, or chopped nuts to roll the pretzels in (or spoon over the dipped pretzels).
1. Melt one bag of chocolate at a time, along with one teaspoon of butter. Melting in the microwave is safest when working with your kids. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for one minute and stir. If more heating is necessary, microwave 15 seconds at a time, stirring until smooth. If using the top of a double boiler on the stove, Mom should melt chocolate gradually. Bring the heated chocolate to work table, placing far from the reach of children to prevent burns. Chocolate can be gently reheated, if it gets too hard to easily dip.
2. Using tongs or a spoon, quickly dip pretzels in chocolate or hold with tongs and spoon on chocolate, allowing the excess to run off. Place dipped pretzels on waxed paper lined cookie sheets.
3. Using a spoon, sprinkle the chosen topping on the dipped pretzel and allow to harden. You may need to refrigerate for a while to help this along.
4. Once hardened, remove from sheets and store in a cool location, with waxed paper between layers.
5. To give to Dad, gift wrap a round oatmeal box and lid. It is the perfect size for pretzel logs, and other pretzel shapes can be layered with waxed paper and stored securely. Store in the refrigerator (out of Dad's view) until the big day! Tie a bow around the top of the wrapped container and then sit back and get ready to impress Dad!
By FreebieQueen in forum Almost Free (AR,S&H,Enter to Win, etc)Replies: 1Last Post: 06-12-2010, 08:09 AM
By FreebieQueen in forum Almost Free (AR,S&H,Enter to Win, etc)Replies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2010, 07:54 AM
By FreebieQueen in forum Almost Free (AR,S&H,Enter to Win, etc)Replies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2010, 07:43 AM
By Jane in forum Mothers Day & Fathers DayReplies: 0Last Post: 05-30-2006, 09:14 AM
By in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 0Last Post: 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM