+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: T.G.I. Friday's Potato Skins
01-07-2009 08:48 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- outside Philadelphia, PA
- Blog Entries
T.G.I. Friday's Potato Skins
Top Secret Recipes version of T.G.I. Friday's Potato Skins by Todd Wilbur
Serving: 2 to 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
4 medium russet potatoes
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
5 slices bacon, cooked
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the potatoes for 1 hour. Let the potatoes cool down enough so that you can touch them.
2. As the potatoes are baking, make the sour cream dip by mixing the sour cream with the chives. Place the mixture in a covered container in your refrigerator.
3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, make 2 length-wise cuts through each potato, resulting in three 1/2- to 3/4-inch slices. Discard the middle slice or save them for a separate dish of mashed potatoes. This will leave you with two potato skins per potato.
4. With a spoon, scoop some of the potato out of each skin, being sure to leave about 1/4 inch of potato inside of the skin.
5. Brush the entire surface of each potato skin, inside and outside, with the melted butter.
6. Place the skins on a cookie sheet, cut side up, and broil them for 6 to 8 minutes or until the edges begin to turn dark brown.
7. Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons of Cheddar cheese into each skin.
8 Crumble the cooked bacon and sprinkle 1 to 2 teaspoons of the bacon pieces onto the cheese.
9. Broil the skins for 2 more minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted. Serve hot, arranged on a plate surrounding a small bowl of the sour cream dip.
02-02-2013 11:30 AM #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
Re: T.G.I. Friday's Potato Skins
havin these for supper tonight.... Thanks for the recipe!
By rtebalt in forum Mixes~MYO~Copycat~EtcReplies: 0Last Post: 05-19-2009, 10:01 PM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-23-2009, 02:07 PM
By rtebalt in forum General RecipesReplies: 3Last Post: 12-30-2008, 04:11 PM
By rtebalt in forum ThanksgivingReplies: 0Last Post: 11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
By FreebieQueen in forum FreebiesReplies: 0Last Post: 05-14-2007, 08:06 AM