* 1/4 cup cornstarch
* 1/4 tablespoon salt
* black pepper
* 12 ounces flank steak, thinly sliced
* 1 quart oil for frying
* 4 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
* 1/2 tablespoon rice wine
* 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
* 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
* 1/2 tablespoon chile paste
* 1/4 cup water
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger root
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1/4 cup sliced onion
* 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, salt and pepper together. Mix thoroughly. Toss the steak slices in the cornstarch mixture and coat well.
3. Deep fry the coated steak slices until golden brown. Check to make sure they are cooked through. Remove from oil, and set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine and honey. Add sugar, chili paste, water, and ginger. Mix well and set aside.
5. Heat a wok or deep frying pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil, and quickly saute the onion, garlic and red pepper for 30 seconds. Add the sauce mixture, and cook another 30 seconds. Finally, add the strips of fried steak and toss to heat through and coat with sauce.
or Recipe #2
CRISPY SPICY BEEF
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
12 ounces flank steak, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon chili paste
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon ginger
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup sliced onion
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
In a resealable plastic bag, combine cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Add steak slices to cornstarch mixture and shake bag to lightly coat.
Place one layer of breaded steak strips into the fryer basket and carefully lower basket into the preheated oil. Deep fry steak slices until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from oil and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sugar, chili powder, water, and ginger. Mix well and cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
Heat a wok or deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of oil and quickly saute the onion, garlic, and red pepper for 30 seconds.
Add sauce mixture and cook another 30 seconds.
Add strips of fried steak and toss to heat through and coat with sauce.
Make your own Copycat Febreeze recipe to get rid of stinky smells around your home and in your vehicles. This simple money saving DIY recipe costs a fraction of it's store bought counterpart and takes just minutes to whip up
Make your own Pumpkin Pie Sugar Scrub- a gently exfoliating scrub with a hint of cinnamon, cloves, allspice and zesty ginger to freshen and invigorate the skin, for your own use or as a wonderful homemade gift from the kitchen
(C) Melissa 'Liss' Burnell & Budget101.com 1995-2015Material from www.Budget101.com may not be copied or distributed, or republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way, without the prior written consent of Budget101.com, EXCEPT: you may print recipe pages for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices. Modification or use of the materials for any other purpose violates Budget101.com's intellectual property rights.
Site Design is Created from a Modified Style Originally Created by Miner Skinz