Salt Scrub Recipe
Salt scrubs are meant to increase circulation and help keep skin healthy. When properly performed, they work by exfoliating the outer layers of dead skin cells, whilst revealing the softer younger cells
8 Cups coarse pickling or Kosher salt.
2 Cups avocado, untoasted sesame oil or jojoba oil
1 Cup apricot or peach kernel oil
1 Cup unsweetened cocoa or ¼ Cup freeze dried coffee crystals
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
honey for smoothing the texture
Place the salt in a small bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
How to Use a Body Scrub:
- Sit on the edge of a tub and moisten the area you wish to scrub.
- Place a tablespoon or so of the body scrub in the palm and gently work each area for approximately 1 minute. If you work to quickly, you won't properly exfoliate.
- Be sure not to scour too hard or too long.
- If you want baby smooth skin, exfoliate once weekly.
- Body scrubs should never be used on the face.
We love to see when you like and share our hard work, but ask that you please follow just a few guidelines.. Use one photo of the finished product on your site and provide a link back to my original post. If you feature a photo from my post, it may not be accompanied by the project/recipe tutorial, whether in my own words as it originally appeared or paraphrased. Always feel free to share photos and links on Pinterest, as it will route back to the original post. Budget101.com is protected under copyright laws. If you any questions or would like to notify me that you’re sharing a post, please email me at liss @ budget101.com