1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup walnut pieces, chopped
1/2 t. baking powder
1/8 t. salt
1 cup chopped dates
1. Layer all ingredients except dates attractively in any order into 1-quart
food storage jar with tight-fitting lid. Pack ingredients down slightly before
adding another layer. Place dates in resealable plastic food storage bag; seal
bag. Use dates as final layer in jar.
2. Cover top of jar with fabric; attach gift tag with raffia or ribbon.
Makes one 1-quart jar.
Date Nut Gems
1 jar Date-Nut Gems Mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 t. rum extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Remove dates from
plastic food storage bag in jar. Place dates in small bowl and add water; set
2. Beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in egg and rum extract until
blended. (Mixture may appear curdled.) Add remaining cookie mix to butter
mixture; stir until well blended. Add oil and beat until well blended. Drain
dates and stir into dough.
3. Drop level tablespoonfuls dough about 1 1/2 inches apart onto prepared
cookie sheets; flatten dough slightly. Bake 14 minutes or until just set.
Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
(C) Melissa 'Liss' Burnell & Budget101.com 1995-2015Material from www.Budget101.com may not be copied or distributed, or republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way, without the prior written consent of Budget101.com, EXCEPT: you may print recipe pages for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices. Modification or use of the materials for any other purpose violates Budget101.com's intellectual property rights.
Site Design is Created from a Modified Style Originally Created by Miner Skinz