Surviving on a Budget, $10 Grocery List
Has this happened to you? Following several harrowing hours of balancing the checkbook, making payment agreements with various creditors, you sit back and look at the balance in your checkbook and realize you have about $20 left for the entire week. Somehow, with that measly $20, you have to put gas in your car for work... and still buy groceries to feed the family.
So how do you do it?
You put $10 in your car & spend the other $10 on groceries... and you eat for the entire week.
How can someone eat on $10 a week?
Here is a list of groceries that can be purchased for approximately $10.
1. Baking Powder (MYO!)
4. Fruits (on sale)
6. Rice or Ramen Noodles
11. Vegetables (on sale)
12. Tuna (1 or 2 cans)
What's For Breakfast?
* Scrambled eggs in a Biscuit
* Fruit Smoothie, Hash Browns
* Muffins, many kinds...
* Pancakes, Fruit
* Potato Pancakes
* Tortilla with scrambled or fried eggs inside
* Donut Muffins
* Rice Pudding
What's For Lunch/Dinner?
* Tortilla with anything you have on hand in it.
* Tomatoes/onions/hamburg etc.
* Shepherds Pie (Hamburger/gravy over mashed potatoes/corn)
* Veggies in gravy over rice
* Baked Potato and Vegetables
* Scalloped Potatoes and Vegetables
* Oven Baked French Fries & Salad
* Vegetable Soup w/ or w/o Rice
* Tuna/ Pea Wiggle (serve over toast or biscuits or saltine crackers)
* Scalloped Potato/Tuna Casserole
* Popovers fill with: tuna pea wiggle recipe or gravy/veggie mix
* Chicken Pot Pie
* Pizza Pasta
Although the above menu is very limited, this grocery list is for extremely tough times and is meant to help you get through the week, not to base your diet on for any length of time! ~Liss
By Liss Burnell © 2001
Some of the Recipes Mentioned...
1. Quick Gravy
2. Tuna/ Pea Wiggle©
3. Scalloped Potatoes
4. Chicken Pot Pie
6. Oven Baked French Frie
8. Donut Muffins
9. Shepherds Pie
10. Pizza Pasta
More Make your Own recipes
More Mix Recipes in 31 Categories
More Dirt Cheap Recipes