Gluten Free Breakfast Cereal Mix
Having a hot breakfast cereal, particularly in the wintertime is a wonderful thing, but can be frustrating if you suffer from gluten allergies. Here's a delicious gluten free breakfast cereal mix that can be prepared ahead of time.
* 1 cup brown basmati rice, coarsely ground
* 1/2 cup quinoa coarsely ground
* 1/2 cup millet coarsely ground
* 1/2 cup buckwheat groats coarsely ground
* 1/2 cup sesame seeds coarsely ground
* 1/2 cup flax seeds coarsely ground
* 1/2 cup cornmeal
* 1/2 cup amaranth
Measure all into a large bowl, mixing well. Transfer to a sealed container or package in small ziploc bags for fast convenience packets.
A coffee grinder works great to grind the grains.
Combine 2 c. water, pinch of salt and 1/2 c. cereal mix. Reduce heat to medium/low stirring frequently. Cook approximately 20 minutes.