- Newspaper - Black & White Print only- no color pages
- Spice Bottle or tomato Paste Can- Doesn't have to be empty- it's just for size
- Paste (1 T. Flour & enough water to make a paste)
Step #1: Find an old newspaper
Step 3 Using a spice bottle or small can roll your newspaper strip around your bottle.
Step 4 Dab your finger in the flour/water mix and "paste" the tab down.
Step Invert your bottle and fold the overhanging paper as though you were wrapping a gift.
Step Add a dab of paste to the bottom and fold the last flap down.
This is what the finished bottom will look like.
Here is another view of a finished bottom.
Now let them set on a clean dry piece of newspaper and allow them to dry completely. This may take up to 24 hours, depending on the humidity of your home.
Tips for Starting Seedlings:
Trying to start your seeds indoors with Peat-based Potting Mix?
- To Prevent a Mess, place a small amount of potting mix in a 1 gallon ziploc bag, add water & knead the bag. This helps create just the right amount of moisture for starting seedlings, without letting the dust fly all through the house.
- Did you know? You can start seedlings in Eggshells too!
- Seedling Saver Tip- Learn how to keep seedlings from dying due to bacterial and fungal infections
- How to Boost Pepper Production- get as many peppers from your garden as you can with this simple tip
- Learn how to Make your own Upside Down Tomato Planter
- Make your own Potting Mixes
- Make Your Own Self Watering Planters using Repurposed water or soda bottles