Make it Potluck- Times are tough, times are hard. . .
Divide your party menu into various categories and when your guests ask what to bring, give them a choice of several different categories to choose from such as Dips (Cold, Hot, Spicy), or Chips/Dippers (potato chips, tortilla chips, pretzels), Hot Appetizers (Armadillo eggs, crescent pizza bites), Main Dish (chili, baked beans, etc)
If you'd rather provide the food yourself, perhaps you ought to consider a BYOB party!
BYOB: Bring your own Beverage - cut down on the expense of providing cases of beer, cocktails or soda/pop. Add a little BYOB note to your invitations. You could always provide lemonade & or iced tea on the side.
- Hang Crepe Streamers in various sizes in the teams colors
- If kids will be attending, Have a football Pinata (filled to the brim with candy/treats) ready for Half-time!
- Dollar Store Wrapping Paper- Dress up your serving & snack tables with team colors- check your local dollar store for wrapping paper in your favorite teams colors
Recipes: Finger foods are often the fave at parties because they're easy to walk around, give the guest the opportunity to try various dishes and make it easier to control portion size.
- Beer Dip- aka MAN Dip
- New England Clam Dip - super easy, super fast favorite
- Unforgettable French Onion Dip
- Spicy Guacamole or Firehouse Guacamole While guacamole is a party favorite- if you're having a large party consider going with the french onion dip- which is dirt cheap to make. Avocado's - although plentiful can run over $1 each.
- Chicken Fajita Dip
Main Dish/ Finger Foods