It's that time of year again, graduations are closing in and
Gift Ideas for Graduates:
- Food, Food, Food: Purchase a small plastic dish tub, 4-6 matching plastic plates, bowls and silverware. Include a small bottle of dish-soap, 4 coffee mugs and several of our Mug Mixes. Entire cost is under $15.
- Laundry Basket, small bottle of laundry soap & Roll of Quarters. Add a sheet of Stain Removal Tips Printed from your Computer.
- Gas Gift Cards
- Graduation Survival Kit
- Window fan with several Speed Settings. For those going off to college, Air conditioning is a luxury that most dorms don't offer!
- Phone Cards or Cell Phone Minutes
Inexpensive Graduation Centerpieces
Create a Memory Box- create a box & place slips of paper and lots of pens nearby. When family and friends stop in at the party, be sure to remind them to add their fondest memory with your graduating student and drop that memory into the box.
If you don't have a camcorder, borrow one from a friend. Set the camera up on a tripod and let the camera roll during the party
Invitation Ideas- Print mini Diplomas on your home computer, wrap with a small blue ribbon and hand them out
Graduation Party FOOD Ideas
- Cupcakes- much easier than big cakes, easier to store and only place out a few at a time
- Potluck- if the whole family is coming, ask each member to bring a dish
- Hold a "Desserts" Party. There will be tons of parties and the kids will be running from house to house after graduation. Consider holding the party later in the afternoon and serving desserts only.
© 2007 Liss Burnell - the Owner & Editor of Budget101.com Your #1 Penny Pinching Resource
"Digging yourself out of debt when all you have is a spoon"