Cheap foods I don't mind eating often
by, 02-01-2009 at 03:59 AM (425 Views)
You know, after a while most foods get boring. I've noticed a few cheap foods I can practically live on.
1. Ramen Noodles. Yes I buy the cheap 15 cent ones at that (occasionally if I did something awesome or amazing (once every 2 months about*) I'll get a dollar kind but usually all I need to do to the 15 cent ones is boil the noodles, throw them in a frying pan and add the flavoring and they're wonderful and taste so much better than the soupy kind. I also tend to throw a few veggies in like cucumber or carrot.
2. Hot Dogs. Dude, I love hotdogs even if they're horrendously made out of stuff I shouldn't eat. I've found my new favorite thing to do is make them look like octopuses. Hotdogs I don't need buns or condiments for even I like to eat them plain.
3. Mac And Cheese. 75cents a box for a few meals, oh yes. I don't know what my attraction is to this food but its just too wonderful for me to really question. I don't ad anything to this either, but I cut back on the butter, I only add half of what they suggest.
4. Egg in a hole. Considering I only need one egg and one piece of bread for this, its pretty cheap. Its just a great snack for me.
5. Potato. Possibilities are endless here, but things I do enjoy include baked potato, hashbrown, baked potato chips (they end up thicker but still good*) etc... but potatoes are filling and don't need much to help them along in taste other than salt pepper and occasionally sour cream.
Other great foods that are cheap that I eat often include
-grapes (99cents a pound is when I buy*)
-noodles with butter
-green onion (additive I cant eat these alone or raw*)
- peanut butter (I haven't bought any since the summer though
Cheap drinks I get...
1. Tea. Every time I get tea its a gift. So free tea= cheap drink. I have about a half cabinet full.
2. Kool Aid packet rip offs. I found a drink that's 10cents each when Koolaid is about 20cents each. Now I like my drinks tart so sugar isn't added...
3. Tap Water. Yes, Tap water. I'm not scared of whats in my faucet. When I am I'll stop doing dishes and showering.
4. Jello. Yes, I like to drink jello before its gelatinous. And I only make enough for about 2 cups worth so a pack goes a long way.