Greening up my life
by, 12-05-2008 at 08:30 AM (398 Views)
I am not the greenest person I know. Not even close. But I'm trying to do better for my family's health and the well-being of the planet. Here are some small steps I've taken lately...
- Gradually, I am removing the majority of plastic items from my house. These include dishes, cups, utensils, pitchers, tupperware, water bottles, etc. The plastics pose health risks AND, when recycled, IF recycled, they become lesser products that are often unused or unusable.
- Shopping for the least amount of packaging possible.
- Buying canned soft drinks instead of plastic bottled, and recycling the cans.
- Using cloth shopping bags when possible.
- Buying second-hand 99% of the time.
- Driving less. Much less.
- Making my own laundry and dish soaps, as well as household cleaners, from natural products.
How have you greened up your life?