Ways to make money without getting a job
by, 11-19-2008 at 08:51 AM (460 Views)
I need to start stashing away $$$ for our upcoming vacation and move. My husband wants to take a vacation before we relocate to GA, so that takes money. Moving expenses will all be reimbursed by the Army but require us to front some of the cost. So I am trying to come up with some creative ways to acquire extra cash. Here's what I have so far. Please feel free to add to my list. Getting a job is NOT an option, as child care is too costly and I home school my children anyway.
- collect and recycle aluminum cans
- keep up with my change jar. It's for Christmas presents right now, but after Christmas I can dedicate it to the vacation and move.
- sell some things. For example, our 2 room air conditioners. We won't need them in GA where we will have central air conditioning, but there is a market for them here. I will wait until the weather is warmer, when I can fetch a better price.
- make money by saving money. If I cut back the cable package we have, and stash the difference, I can save some money.
- sell my plasma. This is not a keen idea for me, but it is a way to earn money. I am not going to start this right now. It's for backup.
Any other ideas?