Decision making day
by, 10-28-2009 at 11:58 PM (601 Views)
Yesterday, I went to see my 1st opinion oncologist to see why her opinion differ from my second one's. After hearing the difference and she hearing my concerns about adding 3 solutions to my soon to be IV, I had to make up my mind where I was going to go to have treatment between 2 very well known and great hospitals. So today I decided to go with my 1st doctor that I saw but not her opinion about the 3 solutions. Adding the 3rd one, would only give me only more of a 4% chance of no reacurrence than only taking the 2. Plus the side effects were really awful. It could affect your heart down the road. Since heart trouble is in both my parent's family, I thought it best not to take the chance. Even if I did the 3, there is no guarantee that the cancer won't come back. She was OK with my decision. So next week, I will be doing chemo. Pls keep me in your prayers.