It's either time or money, not both, not for me
by, 09-22-2009 at 10:55 AM (1111 Views)
Since I have no money, I pay in time. In other words, I spend my time making things from scratch, making do and finding alternate solutions.
My to-do list for today:
- Make iced tea, lemonade from a powdered mixand orange juice (OJ from frozen)
- Make banana cake (really it's banana bread but I make it in a recangle dish and cut it like cake)
- Make jello
- Start whole wheat bread in the bread machine
- Have lunch (frozen veggies and ramen)
- Make peanut butter cookies (the peanut butter, egg and sugar recipe)
- clean the 1st floor of the house
- pick up the kids
- make dinner
- do homework with kids
- do laundry (use 1/4 of recommended soap. have to make it stretch)
- iron for tomorrow
- watch Biggest Loser on TV
- go to bed
I am going to make sure to add in to my shopping list for October lots of stuff to make make-ahead mixes and short cuts so that saving money takes less time next month.
We are entering our hardest financial quarter, so it's time to tighten up a bit. The good news is that I tend to eat less when I do this so maybe I'll lose some weight!