Patriotic Trifle Tower
- 4 packages Easy-Bake White Cake Mix
- food coloring; red and blue
- 1 whipped topping; frozen, non-dairy, thawed
- 1 box blueberries; fresh
- 1 box Strawberries; fresh
- USA flag (cocktail toothpicks)
- Clear parfait glass; tall
dessert sprinkles; crystals, red and blue
- Preheat Easy-Bake Oven for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, prepare two cake mix packages according to package directions. Add 10-12 drops of red food coloring or enough to reach desired shade. Divide batter between two pans and spread evenly.
- Bake each layer in Easy-Bake Oven for 12 minutes and cool.
- Repeat steps using two additional cake mix packages.
- Add 4-6 drops of blue food coloring or amount needed to reach shade desired. Bake and cool.
- Crumble cake layers. Keep colors separate.
- Layer 1/4 of red cake pieces into parfait glass. Add one chopped strawberry, if desired. Drop large spoonful whipped topping on red layer. Spread to cover.
- Layer 1/4 blue cake pieces. Add a few blueberries if desired. Drop large spoonful whipped topping on blue layer. Spread to cover.
- Continue layering until reach top of glass, end with whipped topping. Shake sprinkles over whipped topping. Stick one or more flag picks in dessert.
- Garnish with extra strawberries and blueberries if desired.
- This is delicious and colorful with or without the fruit.
We love to see when you like and share our hard work, but ask that you please follow just a few guidelines.. Use one photo of the finished product on your site and provide a link back to my original post. If you feature a photo from my post, it may not be accompanied by the project/recipe tutorial, whether in my own words as it originally appeared or paraphrased. Always feel free to share photos and links on Pinterest, as it will route back to the original post. Budget101.com is protected under copyright laws. If you any questions or would like to notify me that you’re sharing a post, please email me at liss @ budget101.com