With so much happening in the home, people coming and going, the last thing I wanted to do was spend my time in the kitchen. In addition, this unexpected passing wasn't exactly figured into our grocery budget. How do you deal with such an experience? I suggest having several dump and run recipes on file.
What is a dump & run recipe? It's recipe that consists of just a few ingredients. You simply dump them all into the crock pot, turn it on med & in a couple hours, you have a perfect, ready to serve dish. In the meantime, you're budget is still intact, you've had a chance to spend time with other family members, and your kitchen isn't trashed.
* 1 pkg. onion soup mix (MYO)
* 1 Bottle Russian Dressing
* 1 sm. Jar apricot preserves
* 1-2lbs chicken (raw, cut into small chunks).
Simply pour all the ingredients into a crock-pot, turn on low/med & simmer 1-2 hrs. Recipe can be double or tripled.
* 1 bottle LaChoy Sweet-n-Sour Sauce
* 1 can pineapple chunks, un-drained
* 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
* 1 kielbasa, cut into chunks
Simply dump all the
* 2 lbs Frozen Meatballs
* 1 c. Grape Jelly
* 2 c. Chili Sauce (or) Cocktail Sauce
Simply dump all the ingredients into a crock-pot, turn on low/med & simmer 1-2 hrs. Recipe can be double or tripled.
©Liss Burnell – Creator & Designer of Budget101.com, “Digging yourself out of debt when all you have is a spoon”