You will need
- Star-shape cookie cutter
- 40-inch piece of 20-gauge wire
- Wire cutters
- Spray paint in desired color
- Electric drill*
*With help from an adult. Never leave a child unattended with electric tools
Fold a 40-inch piece of wire in half. Starting at one point of the star, bend the wire around the cookie cutter to form the star outline. When the wire meets, twist to secure.
Straighten the ends of the wire and trim them with wire cutters to make them an even length. Insert the trimmed ends into the chuck on an electric drill and tighten the chuck. Hold the wire taut and rotate the drill until the wire is twisted to the desired tightness.
Loosen the chuck and remove the wire. Trim the ends again. Carefully remove
Two More Ideas...
- Decorate your deck for the Fourth of July with the wands.
- Transform the bubble wands into napkin holders by wrapping the handle around an empty paper towel tube to make a ring.
- Wrap the containers of bubble liquid in red and blue construction paper to complete the holiday atmosphere
Project idea courtesy of Ben Franklin Crafts & Frames