Smokin' Hot Jerky
Our Smokin' Hot Jerky special blend is not for the faint of heart! This recipe combines the twang of Cuervo Gold Tequila with the heat of Jalapenos & habaneros for a jerky that is sure to shock the tastebuds!
- 1 cup of Cuervo Gold tequila
- 2 tablespoons canning salt
- 2 tablespoons white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Morton's Tender Quick
- 1/4 cup of Franks Red Hot Pepper sauce
- 1 T. powdered Cayenne
- 4 fresh chopped jalapenos (seeds discarded!)
- 1/4 chopped habanero pepper (optional)
Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Place 5 lbs of sliced beef ore venison into a large ziploc bag, pour the marinade over the meat. Close the bag, using your fingers, work the marinade around all of the meat pieces, carefully, making sure each piece is thoroughly coated in marinade. Remove as much air as possible from the bag, seal. Place the meat in the fridge for 18-24 hours.
The meat can be rinsed (very briefly) just before laying it out on the drying pans to remove the extra bits of hot peppers.
Dry using your favorite method
, as desired.