Cadbury's Cream Eggs
1/2 C. light corn syrup
1/4 C. butter -- softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
3 C. powdered sugar
4 Drops yellow food coloring
2 Drops red food coloring
1 Bag milk chocolate chips -- (12 ounce)
2 Tablespoons vegetable shortening
1. Combine the corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Beat well with an electric mixer until smooth.
2. Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing by hand after each addition. Mix well until creamy.
3. Remove about 1/3 of the mixture and place it into a small bowl. Add the yellow and red food coloring and stir well to combine.
4. Cover both mixtures and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
5. When mixtures are firm, roll a small, marble-size ball from the orange filling, and wrap around it a portion of the white filling that is roughly twice the size. Form this filling into the shape of an egg and place it onto a cookie sheet that has been brushed with a light coating of shortening. Repeat for the remaining filling ingredients, then refrigerate these centers for 3-4 hours or until firm.
6. Combine the milk chocolate chips with the shortening in a glass or ceramic bowl. Microwave chocolate on high speed for 1 minute, then stir and microwave again for 1 more minute, and stir.
7. Use a fork to dip each center into the chocolate, tap the fork on the side of the bowl, then place each candy onto wax paper. Chill.
8. After 1-2 hours of chilling, dip each candy once more and chill for several hours, or until completely firm.
Makes 2 dozen candy eggs.
submitted by Dianne
We love to see when you like and share our hard work, but ask that you please follow just a few guidelines.. Use one photo of the finished product on your site and provide a link back to my original post. If you feature a photo from my post, it may not be accompanied by the project/recipe tutorial, whether in my own words as it originally appeared or paraphrased. Always feel free to share photos and links on Pinterest, as it will route back to the original post. Budget101.com is protected under copyright laws. If you any questions or would like to notify me that you’re sharing a post, please email me at liss @ budget101.com