1 package of dried yeast
Casting the Spell
- Blow up the balloon a few times and let the air out.
- Warm up the glass by pouring some warm water into the glass jar and swirling it around. Pour the water out.
- Dump the yeast into the bottle.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to the bottle. Swirl.
- Add 1/2 cup of warm water to the bottle. Swirl the contents around.
- Cover the neck of the bottle with the
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Stand the balloon covered bottle in the warm water.
The Science Behind the Spell:
Yeast is alive. It is made of living cells.
Yeast is a fungus, just like mushrooms. We use yeast to bake bread.
In addition to the beauty of mushrooms, fungi provide a critical part of nature's continuous rebirth: fungi recycle dead organic matter into useful nutrients.
When you add the warm water, the yeast feeds on the sugar. As it feeds, it breathes. Yeast breathes out carbon dioxide which fills the balloon.
You have now captured yeast breath!
shared on Budget101 discussion list by Rita