- Newspaper - Black & White Print only- no color pages
- Spice Bottle or tomato Paste Can- Doesn't have to be empty- it's just for size
- Paste (1 T. Flour & enough water to make a paste)
Step #1: Find an old newspaper
Step 3 Using a spice bottle or small can roll your newspaper strip around your bottle.
Step 4 Dab your finger in the flour/water mix and "paste" the tab down.
Step Invert your bottle and fold the overhanging paper as though you were wrapping a gift.
Step Add a dab of paste to the bottom and fold the last flap down.
This is what the finished bottom will look like.
Here is another view of a finished bottom.
Now let them set on a clean dry piece of newspaper and allow them to dry completely. This may take up to 24 hours, depending on the humidity of your home.
Tips for Starting
Trying to start your seeds indoors with Peat-based Potting Mix?
- To Prevent a Mess, place a small amount of potting mix in a 1 gallon ziploc bag, add water & knead the bag. This helps create just the right amount of moisture for starting seedlings, without letting the dust fly all through the house.
- Did you know? You can start seedlings in Eggshells too!
- Seedling Saver Tip- Learn how to keep seedlings from dying due to bacterial and fungal infections
- How to Boost Pepper Production- get as many peppers from your garden as you can with this simple tip
- Learn how to Make your own Upside Down Tomato Planter
- Make your own Potting Mixes
- Make Your Own Self Watering Planters using Repurposed water or soda bottles