How to Search the Entire Site
There are several different ways to Search the site to find what you are looking for. First and foremost, there is a Search bar located on every single page throughout the site. This bar is in the green navbar on the right hand side.
To Search in this Area, Click in the White box and Enter your search term, hit Enter. This Search feature searches our ENTIRE site- The Articles, Forums, Blogs As well as our Sister site, GroceryBudget101.com .
How to Search Forums or Threads
How do I search for something?
For more control over the search, select 'Advanced Search' located directly beneath the White Search Box in the Navbar. The advanced search page allows you to restrict your search to individual forums, find posts or threads by user, or return results based on tags (?)
. There are also options to find posts from a certain date, or threads with a certain number of replies.
How do I search a specific forum or thread?
If you are browsing a forum, you can quickly search for a thread or post within it by clicking on the 'Search this forum
' link near the top of the page (it's above the list of threads).
You can also search for individual posts within a thread by clicking on the 'Search this Thread
' link at the top of any thread view page.
How to Search Blogs
In addition to the white search field located in the green navbar, there is a special Blog Search available as well. In the sidebar (right hand column) of the blogs, you'll find a search box called "Find Blog Entries"
In the blogs, you can search by username, by entering one or two words such as "frugal mom". Results can further be narrowed by checking the box "Search Titles Only".
How to Search the Coupon Database
The B101 Coupon Database
is a complete compilation of all known coupons that are currently available, (not expired)
The search tab is where you search for coupons and other items in the coupon database as well as add new items that are not already in the coupon database.
Searching the coupon database:
Familiarize yourself with the search fields of the coupon database…
How to Search:
- Description: The description of the coupon that is available
- Coupon Source: The type is where you find out what type entry the coupon or rebate is. Below is a description of each source type.
- Coupon Source - Any: Search all types of coupons available. This is the most helpful choice if searching for a particular product. For example- to get ALL available coupons for Cereal, simply type "Cereal" and hit search.
- ECoupons- Q's that are found in grocery store isles. They spit out coupons as a person walks by, often blinking a red light, (hence Blinkie).
- Home Mailer - Q's that are snail mailed through the USPS, usually directly from a Manufacturer.
- Insert - Q's that are found in the Inserts inside the newspaper.
- Magazine - Q's that are found within the pages of a magazine.
- Mail In Rebate - A rebate form that you send in with the required proofs of purchase to receive a rebate check in the mail or electronically.
- Printable - Q's that are found online and can be printed from your computer.
- Rite Aid - Q's from Rite Aid Video Values
- Store Coupons - these include the following types:
- Booklet - Q's that are found in a paper booklet in the lobby/entranceway of grocery stores, or other locations.
- Catalina - Q's that print from a coupon machine when you checkout at a grocery store. These are often based on the purchases you made..
- Found in Pkg - Q's that are found either inside a product package, or pre-printed on the packaging itself.
- Hangtag - Q's that are found "hanging" off the neck of bottled products such as soda or bottled flavored waters.
- Rain Check - A store issued rain check that was obtained when an item was out of stock.
- Tearpad - Q's that are found in the store in the form of a pad of coupons, much like a scratch pad of paper.
- Winetag - Q's for Alcohol that are found "hanging" off the neck of bottled products such as a wine or beer company. It can be in a hangtag, tearpad, peelie, etc form.
- Walgreens - monthly IVC coupons
To start a search, begin by typing a brand name, such as "Crest" for toothpaste coupons. Click on "Search" and your results will displayed below the search bar.
Explanation of the search results:
All search results are displayed in the following Columns:
- Description: The product Name (& Brand)
- Value: The amount of the coupon Savings
- Source Date: The date the coupon came out
- Source Name: The source of the coupon
- Expiration Date: The date and time the coupon expires, if known.
- Report: a clickable link for reporting a printable coupon offer that ended early.