Mealy bug infestations leave a sticky waste residue known as Honeydew, if it's
There are several different ways to remove mealybugs:
- If you see ladybugs nearby, pick them up gently and place them on your infected plants. Ladybugs will devour the mealybugs and their residue.
- Spray the plant with a steady stream of water until the bugs are washed away.
- Use alcohol on a cotton ball with a toothpick or commercial "Q" swab stick for mealybug control. Swab gently until all bugs and honeydew have been removed.
How to Prevent Mealybug Infestations:
- Quarantine all new plants brought into the home for 10 days, keep them away from your current indoor plants and watch for any signs of infestation of any pests.
- Do not Over-water your plants, as this attracts mealy bugs and other pests.
Although mealy bugs are not known for