A nice choice for bread for toasting in the morning for breakfast or for making french toast. This is a lightly sweetened cinnamon raisin bread.
* 3 1/4 cups bread flour
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 3/4 cup raisins
Combine all of the ingredients in a ziploc bag, mixing well to combine. Write the following instructions on the bag:
To Complete the recipe:
* 1 1/4 cups warm water 90F
* 2 tablespoons butter, softened
* 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
Pour Water into the bread machine pan.
Gently dump the contents of the bread machine mix onto the water
add 2 Tbs butter (or margarine) to the corners of the bread pan on top of the flour mix.
In the center of the mix, make a small well, add yeast.
Set the bread machine to sweet bread (or whatever setting your manufacturer recommends for such breads!)
- Bread flour contains more gluten than regular all purpose flour. However, you can use all purpose flour in its place if you also add 1 tsp of Vital Wheat Gluten PER Cup of flour. So for 3 cups of all purpose flour you would also add 3 tsp of gluten. For 4 cups of all purpose flour, you would add 4 tsp of gluten. Wheat gluten is available in the baking aisle of most grocery stores (usually above the flour). It comes in a small box and should be stored in the fridge for increased longevity.
Bread Machine Note:
The Bread machine that I used for the bread (displayed in the photo) is the West Bend High Rise (dual paddle) model
. Although this recipe should work fine in any Bread Machine.
Don't have a Bread machine
?- Here are the directions for making it by hand or by a mixer.
Set the bread machine to the Basic (1 pound) loaf, with the desired bread crust color of your choice (light, med, dark).