- 2 c. Whole Milk
- 2 c. Heavy Cream
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or flavoring of your choice)
- 1/2 c. Sugar
Whip 1/2 c. of the cream until it forms stiff peaks, adding the sugar gradually as it whips. The sugar should be completely incorporated and the cream should not smooth, not gritty feeling.
Mix into the milk and remaining cream, add the vanilla extract & salt. Pour into Ice Cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions.
- Mint Chocolate Chip: add 1 tsp Peppermint Extract & 1/2 c. chopped semi sweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate Ice Cream: add 1/2 c. Chocolate Syrup & 1/4 c. Shaved Dark Chocolate
- Almond Chocolate Chip: omit vanilla extract, add 2 tsp Almond Extract and 1/2 c. finely chopped chocolate chunks
- Peach Dream: add 1 c. finely diced fresh peaches