* 3 3-ounce packages ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded
* 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
* 2 large eggs
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
* 1/4 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
* 1/2 cup golden raisins
* 1/4 cup crystallized ginger,chopped
* 2 bananas,thinly sliced
* 1/4 cup shredded coconut
* 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish; spread out the bananas in a layer on the bottom of the buttered dish.
Place the noodles in a bowl, cover with hot tap water and soak, flipping once, for 10 minutes; the noodles should pull apart easily. Drain well; toss with the melted butter.
In a large bowl combine the the eggs, sugar, coconut milk, sour cream, almond extract, cardamom, anise seed and a pinch of salt, whisking well until fully incorporated. Stir in the noodles, raisins and ginger until combined. Gently Pour over the bananas in the prepared pan.