Make your Own Wasp & Yellow-jacket Trap.
- Simply cut the top of a 2 liter bottle just above the label.
- Invert the top and staple to the bottle (creating a funnel shape).
- Add approximately 2 inches of soda, or sweetened water.
- Place your traps in a wide circle (about 40-50 away from the area that you'd like to be "wasp Free".
- To make them instantly "attractive" to other wasps, kill a
These homemade traps work wonderfully around picnic areas & decks.
To Make your Own Wasp Sprays:
- Spray with Liquid detergent (Dawn) diluted in water- this works the best!
- Spray with Cheap Hairspray such as Aquanet
- Another Super easy, effective Spray Recipe- combine the following in a med. spray bottle: 1 T. Peppermint extract, 1 T. Baby Shampoo (unscented if possible) fill with warm water - this works wonderfully.