First, before we explain HOW to add a new article, here are a few basic guidelines to keep in mind:
Basic Article Guidelines
- All Articles must be a minimum of 400 words - If your idea, tip, recipe, etc is less than 400 words, it will fit better in our Forums and should be placed there instead.
- Article Must be
- Please do not Copy & Paste Articles from Other Sites, even with the Site Owners Permission - this ensures that our content is unique and fresh and prevents violating any site guideline policies of Google, Bing and other major search engines.
- Photos- all Articles require a photo before the post goes live. If you don't happen to have a photo to include, one may be added for you. Please avoid "hotlinking" photos (linking to photographs that are located on another site). Active Members can share photographs in their own personal photo gallery and link to the photos there. To avoid potential copyright issues, You must own the photo, please do not use photos that you do not own rights to.
- Guest Submissions- Currently only Registered Members can
- Embedded Links- please do not embed links to other sites or affiliate links for the purpose of advertising. All advertisements must be preapproved and prepaid prior to posting. It is permissible to include an author Link at the bottom of the article.
- All remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, articles, threads, posts or other information communicated to Budget101.com through this site, (together, the "Submission") will forever be the property of Budget101.com and grants Budget101.com, it's owners and heirs irrevocable lifetime license.
- Please Note that We are unable to publish articles that do not meet these Basic Guidelines.
How to Add Content
We hope you're enjoying our new format and site design. This particular format was chosen to make it a bit easier for our guests and members to share articles, Ideas, recipes and more. For those wanting to submit an article to the site, here are step by step directions:
- To create an article, please Click on the "Create New Article" Button located on the top right of each page (in the content area, not in the forums).
- Add your Article, as desired.
- As you are editing, adding your article, routinely click on the "Apply" button to save your work in the event that your browser closes unexpectedly.
- Once you have "saved" an article, you will no longer be able to edit it.
- Once your article is reviewed, it shall be published in the appropriate category/section. This process takes up to 72 hours. Thank you in advance for your input.
- If you are adding a full article (600 Words or More), you may place a link at the bottom of your article back to your own Personal (non-commercial) Family Friendly site. Please note that all embedded links within the content are removed prior to publishing as this is not permitted, see example below:
- Forum Content - On occasion when we find a post in the forum to be very helpful, it is promoted to an article automatically.