Create your own delicious, fast, money saving Instant Oatmeal mix packets in just a few minutes time with these delicious variations including apple cinnamon, peaches and cream, fun exploding oatmeal, and more
3 cups Quick-Cooking Oats
8 Small sized Zip Baggies
Put 1/2 cup oats in a blender and blend on high until powdery. Set aside in a small bowl, and repeat procedure with an additional 1/2 cup oats.
If you're using a food processor, you can do the 1 cup of oats in one batch.
Put the following ingredients into each ziploc baggie:
1/4 cup un-powdered oats
2 Tbsp. powdered oats
1/8 tsp. salt
If you'd like variations- see below.
Empty packet into a bowl. Add 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir and let stand for 2 minutes. For thicker oatmeal, use less water - for thinner oatmeal, use more water.
- To each packet add 1 Tbsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, and 2 Tbsp. chopped dried apples.
- add 2 Tbsp. 'Butterfinger B.B's' candies to each packet.
Blueberries & Cream Oatmeal
- To each packet add 1 Tbsp. non-dairy coffee creamer and 2 Tbsp. dried blueberries
Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Oatmeal
- To each packet add 1 Tbsp. brown sugar & 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- To each packet, add 1 tsp. decorative cake/cookie sprinkles.
Cookies n Cream Oatmeal
- add 1 crushed Oreo cookie and 1 Tbsp. non-dairy coffee creamer to each packet.
- add 1 tsp. sugar, and 1/2 tsp. 'Pop Rocks' candy to each packet. This one is fun for celebration days, such as birthdays.
Fun Fruit Oatmeal
- To each packet, add 6 or 7 pieces of 'fruit snack' type dehydrated fruit.
Health Nut Oatmeal
- To each packet add 2 Tbsp. any kind of wheat germ
Oatmeal w/Raisins & Brown Sugar
- To each packet add 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar and 1 Tbsp. raisins.
Peaches & Cream Oatmeal
- To each packet add 1 Tbsp. non-dairy coffee creamer and 2 Tbsp. dried chopped peaches
Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal
- To each packet add 1 Tbsp. non-dairy coffee creamer and 2 Tbsp. dried chopped strawberries
- add 6 miniature marshmallows and 1 Tbsp. Milk Chocolate Chips to each packet.
Southern Charm Oatmeal
- to each packet add 1 Tbs Chopped Pecans, 1 T. Brown Sugar, 1 tsp non-dairy coffee creamer, 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- To each packet add 1 Tbsp. sugar
Check out the Member Submitted flavors in the Comments below & feel free to share your own!
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / robynmac
We love to see when you like and share our hard work, but ask that you please follow just a few guidelines.. Use one photo of the finished product on your site and provide a link back to my original post. If you feature a photo from my post, it may not be accompanied by the project/recipe tutorial, whether in my own words as it originally appeared or paraphrased. Always feel free to share photos and links on Pinterest, as it will route back to the original post. Budget101.com is protected under copyright laws. If you any questions or would like to notify me that you’re sharing a post, please email me at liss @ budget101.com